- It include all major collections of ahadeeth (in progress).
- Arabic text and English translation are sourced from sunnah.com website.
- Information can be searched in many different ways (including keywords, Arabic text, Narrator name, etc.).
- Search options include:Smart search box on top, Advanced search form and search by compilation or narrator.
- Narrators are linked to Muslim Scholar Database for detailed biography.
- Instant snapshot of Narrator's brief bio for each hadith.
- Detailed hadith referencing.
- Translation can be viewed in several languages using Google translate toolbox.
- Interactive Narrators' timeline for each hadith.
- Detailed Statistics based on ahadeeth narrated by a certain narrator.
- Color-coded narrator names based on generation (tabqa)[More..].
- This is believed to be first extensive work in English on hadeeth narrators.
- The huge database of resources (Arabic) containing multi-volume books (see the list below) on hadeeth narrators and scholars are available for easy access.
- The scholar information is interlinked within these resources, enabling access to original information about a particular scholar/narrator.
- Different variations of name and kunya for a particular narrator/scholar are captured.
- Known family members (parents, siblings, sposues, children) are also recorded.
- Information like date of birth/death, places of stay, teacher and student list and narrator grade/rank provide useful details about hadeeth narrators.[More..]
- Student of hadeeth sciences can greatly benefit in the field of 'ilm al-rijal (knowledge of men/authorities), tabqat al-ruwat (classes of narrators) and al-jarh wa'l-ta'dil (impugnment & validation). [More..]
- This website/database can also serve as a resource for takhreej al-hadeeth.
- Quick access to all related scholars/narrators info by utilizing timelines.
The significance of knowing the details of hadeeth narrators is summerized by Imam Muslim in the introduction of Sahih Muslim as follows:
The Obligation of Narrating upon the Trustworthy and Leaving the Liars
- "O! you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful." [Qur'an 49:6]
- "Take for witnesses two just people among you" [Qur'an 65:2]
- "...Witnesses that you are pleased with" [Qur'an 2:282]
The Evil of Lying upon the Messenger of Allah (saw)
- Anas Ibn Maalik(RA) has said: "Indeed, the only thing that prevents me from narrating to you an abundance of hadeeth is that the Messenger of Allaah said, Whoever lies on me intentionally his seat has been prepared for him in the Hellfire".
- Abu Hurayrah has said: The Messenger of Allaah said, "Whoever lies on me intentionally his seat has been prepared for him in the Hell fire".
The Prohibition of Narrating Everything that One Hears
- Abu Hurayrah from the Prophet(saw), "It is sufficient that a man has lied who narrates everything that he hears."
The Prohibition of Narrating upon the Weak and the Caution against Carrying their Narrations
- Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah said, "There will be in the latter part of my Ummah a people that will relate to you ahaadeeth of which you never heard previously and not your fathers. So let you and them beware".
Isnad is from the Religion, Narration is only upon the Trustworthy, Criticism of Narrators is Obligatory and not Impermissible Backbiting
- 'Abdullaah Ibn al-Mubaarak said, "The isnaad is from the Religion. If not for isnaad anyone could say whatever he pleased".
- Ibn Seereen said, "They didn't use to ask about the isnaad but when the fitnah (trial, tribulation) came they would say, 'name for us your men.' So look at the people of Sunnah and accept their hadeeth, and look at the people of innovation and do not accept their hadeeth".
Bad query: select * from Hadith2 where id in (1,60) order by id ...
Unknown MySQL server host 'muslimscholars.db.5696160.hostedresource.com' (0)